Last Updated: October 16, 2019
- our social media pages,
- Collectively the “SpinCycle Services”.
1. Defined Terms
The following terms will have the meanings indicated below.
“End User” means any individual who interacts with the SpinCycle Services, including users of our website, and individuals who make purchases, attend classes, and otherwise interact with SpinCycle and its customers through the SpinCycle Services.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as website usage data.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, and social media account ID. It does not include strings of code such as browser cookie IDs.
“Subscriber” is any business or entity that subscribes to (or otherwise accesses or uses) our Software Service.
2. Categories of Personal Information
Personal Information we collect or obtain includes:
- Contact details (e.g., name, address, email, telephone number),
- Personal details (e.g., date of birth, education),
- Financial and transaction data (e.g., purchase history, account information, billing information, etc.), and
- Other SpinCycle Services related data (e.g., customer requests, statistics, etc.).
3. How We Collect Information
- Through the SpinCycle Services
We collect information about you whenever you use the SpinCycle Services, for example:
- If you create a SpinCycle account using our PunchPass integration, we ask for Personal Information such as your name, email and postal address, billing information, and Other Information you may provide with your account.
- If you are a SpinCycle Customer, when you sign up for our classes, we ask for your name, address, phone number, email, payment information, and other information. If you attend one of our classes, we may ask for your feedback, contact you to follow-up with you, or send you marketing communications consistent with your choices.
- We collect information about you when you interact with the SpinCycle Services. For example, if you initiate a transaction through a SpinCycle Service, such as a purchase of class packs or a membership subscription, we may collect encrypted information about you, such as your name, email, phone number, address, payment information, as well as any other information you provide in order to process the transaction. We may also store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the SpinCycle Services, such as IP address.
4. How Personal Information May Be Used
We may use your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, including:
- To create, and administer accounts, fulfil and record transactions, and provide you with related assistance (e.g., technical help, answer inquiries relating to Personal Information, etc.)
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
- To provide you with marketing and promotional materials and opportunities, and facilitate social sharing.
- To send you marketing communications and offer other materials that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters or other direct communications
- To share information with other marketers (and their service providers) to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions
- To facilitate social sharing functionality if you choose to do so
- To better understand you and our other users, so that we can tune and personalize our offering.
- For trending and statistics, and to improve our products and services
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft
- For responding to legal duties, such as requests from public and government authorities
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, with your consent, where we have a legitimate interest, and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
To the extent that we process your Personal Information based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
5. How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To you, through message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials, including as described in the section below titled “Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews.”
- To business partners in the context of a corporate transaction. If is involved in a sale or business transaction (e.g., merger or acquisition), SpinCycle will retain a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring or target entity and its advisors.
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
6. How to access, correct, delete or exercise other rights regarding your Personal Information
Where applicable law allows for such a request, if you would like to request to access, correct, object to the use, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, , you may contact SpinCycle at email@example.com with the subject line “Data Subject Request.” We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
7. Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of information
Information you provide may be used by SpinCycle for marketing purposes such as one-off promotional emailing, mobile text messages, direct mail, and sales contacts. We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
Receiving electronic communications from us: If you are a user of a SpinCycle account and no longer want to receive marketing-related emails or mobile messages from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails or mobile messages by changing your preferences in your account. If you have provided your information to SpinCycle, and opt-out, SpinCycle will put in place processes to honour your request. This may entail keeping some information for the purpose of remembering that you have opted-out.
Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you messages for administrative or other purposes directly relating to your use of the SpinCycle Services, and you cannot opt-out from receiving those messages.
8. Tracking and Advertising
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways. We may employ various tracking technologies, such as cookies, and analytics software, that help us better manage content on the SpinCycle Services by informing us what content is effective.
9. Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews
If you submit testimonials, ratings or reviews to the SpinCycle Services, any Personal Information you include may be displayed. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also partner with third-party service providers to collect and display ratings and review content on our web site.
10. Links To Other Websites
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the SpinCycle Services, including our social media pages.
11. Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide SpinCycle Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using SpinCycle Services<
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
12. Security of Your Information
The security of Personal Information is a high priority at SpinCycle. We seek to use reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your interaction with us please email email@example.com.
13. Use of Service By Minors
The SpinCycle Services are not directed or targeted at children under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they do not provide Personal Information through the SpinCycle Services.
14. Sensitive Information
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, biometrics or genetic characteristics, trade union membership or criminal background) on or through the SpinCycle Services or otherwise to us, except where explicitly requested or consented to.
16. Contact Us
SpinCycle Studio Inc.
70 Don Park Road, Unit 6
17. Third Party Vendors